Thursday, April 25, 2013

Indonesian Potato Patties with Corned Beef (Perkedel Kornet)

I always asked my mom to make potato patties on my birthday. They are my favorites! 
She would make these with yellow rice, fried chickens (she used her own recipe), slice of cucumbers, hot chili paste and sprinkle with fried shallot. 
It was so yummy! 


On the original recipe the potato patties have to be deep fried. 
I hate wasting the cooking oil. So I tried to bake them...and they turned out good! 
Since then I always bake the potato patties. This food is also my husband favorite. 
He enjoy eat this with yellow rice as well.


Ingredients
2 potatoes
1 can corned beef
5 spoons of bread crumbs
2 tsp of white pepper
2 tsp of onion powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 large eggs





2 comments:

  1. If these look or sound good to you, you should try to make them sometime. Roger and Greg had them at the IU-UK game over a year ago and they both loved them. I tried to make them but failed lol....http://foodiesuntie.blogspot.com/2010/01/blarney-puffballs-take-two-now-that-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! Actually the original recipe has to be fried. But because I hate wasting cooking oil so I came up with the idea to bake them. The taste is the same :)

    ReplyDelete